Tracy Micheyl

Tracy Micheyl
Hello Everyone!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Chosen Family


The best families are the ones we choose.

 We are all born into a family.  It is a given that we have parents and grandparents.  Whether they are present or not, whether we know who they are or who they are not, we still have them.  Biologically we must have them or we would not be here.  Some of us have brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews with the list going on and on.  I have all of these.  They are all wonderful in their own right.  In fact my female cousins and I try to plan a girls trip every year.  I love them and I love spending time with them. However the family I am closest to are the ones I am not even blood related to.

My family consists of a handful of very close friends, my mama and papa, and my awesome daughter.  I live with my girlfriend Carlita.  We stated living together several years ago and we have turned out to be pretty good roommates.  We are very different people but I think we a good fit as roommates go.  My best friend is a dude.  We get along nicely and our relationship has grown from work mates to friends.  He shares his family with me and they are most generous with their kindness.  I can count on my friend to tell me the truth about things even when I really don't want the truth.  He is honest and the most giving person I know.  My mama and papa are awesome people.  They are very supportive and have always been there for me when I have needed them.  They have shown up through the years for all the good and bad stuff.  I must admit that I have probably not thanked them enough for all they have done for and put with in respect to me.  I will have to make a point to do that more.  My really incredible daughter is the most precious family member I have.  We are very different and in a few way alike.  She is by far braver than I.  She will take risks in her life that will be rewarding whether she is successful in them or not.  I have learned so much from her and continue to do so.  I guess we learn from each other.  All of us.

I love all of my family.  There is never enough time to let them all know that.  I should get on that, telling them I mean how much they each mean to me and how they have each enriched my life. 

4 comments:

  1. When I feel like I don't let my family know how important they really are to me I decide to show them by taking them out for nice family day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should always let them know how important they are to us. Maybe we could not thank them enough but let's still thank them for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents are also soppurtive and i dont think anyone can explain what our love means to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate on how different but also how alike you and your daughter are, because that is how my daughter and I are. Different but alike.

    ReplyDelete